Well, I didn't quite beat my count from last year, but I did at least make it to 10. Here is the final list:
1. I See Rude People (Amy Alkon)
2. The Cat Who Came to Breakfast (Lillian Jackson Braun)
3. The Cat Who Blew the Whistle (Lillian Jackson Braun)
4. If It Takes a Village, Build One (Malaak Compton-Rock)
5. A Better Pencil: Readers, Writers, and the Digital Revolution (Dennis Baron)
6. Bottled & Sold: The Story Behind Our Obsession with Bottled Water (Peter H. Gleick)
7. The Magician's Nephew (C.S. Lewis)
8. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (C.S. Lewis)
9. If the Church Were Christian: Rediscovering the Values of Jesus (Philip Gulley)
10. The Insecure American: How We Got Here and What We Should Do about It (edited by Hugh Gusterson and Catherine Besteman)
Please click here to go to my GPLC donation page and make your donation today. Donations can be made through September 30.
As a reminder, this year I am matching all donations, up to $200.
If you cannot make a donation to GPLC, please consider volunteering with a local literacy program instead. Or, just read to your children!
3 years ago